Friday, October 3, 2014

Life After UNHM

     As graduation approaches for UNHM students, the question of post-college life hangs over students’ heads. Some have already gained employment, and some are in the less secure situation of having yet to do this. Either way, students are appreciating their new higher qualification in life.
    Life after UNHM will be empowering. To utilize the skills and knowledge we have gained in classes in a work environment that becomes our lives will provide a sense of application. The position of our lives will also give us that empowerment, as it will be more interactive than internships and at full pay.
    In my life after UNHM I hope to pursue a career in library science. I will live in the area for a while, and potentially attend graduate school. I am both nervous and excited over this new position of independence. It is an intimidating life transition. 
    Financial control over our lives at above a part-time wage is something we all look forward to. Complete self-support is our primary life goal. For those who have this already, graduation is a stepping stone to the next phase of life, as it is for everyone. Life after UNHM will hopefully fulfill everyone’s expectations and life goals.

4 comments:

  1. It's very cool that you have your heart set on library science, and I've heard that it's actually a very promising field to work in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your perspective on how we should feel empowered upon graduating. It is definitely a major transition! It's cool that you picked Library Science - what is the main reason you chose this area?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you I am both excited and nervous to be graduating. I'll feel a lot better once I have a job secured. Good luck with Library Science!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, post-education life will be interesting, I'm not expecting it to be easy though, but I hope it'll be fulfilling.

    ReplyDelete